Quiet PC Monitor

Discussion in 'EMC Matters' started by Mark Owen, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Mark Owen

Mark Owen New Member

Hello all wonder if anyone here knows of a quiet 22inch PC Monitor as my old one has become noisy on HF and there's enough QRM from neighbours property's with out me adding to it. Any advice on a Radio friendly monitor would be most appreciated Thanks es 73's
  2. Peter Torry

Peter Torry New Member

Hi Mark,

I have been using monitors from AOC for some time without any issues. They have a range of sizes and they perform rather well.

Peter
    G3SMT
  3. Martin G0HDB

Martin G0HDB New Member

Hi Mark, I've currently got a Dell 2007WFP (20") and a Dell U2412M (24") in use with the two PCs (one for radio-related stuff and one for home-office stuff) in my study-cum-shack and I've never detected any RFI from either of them. I only recently got the (second-hand) 2007WFP, it replaced a Dell 19" monitor I'd used for quite a few years with the 'radio' PC and I never noticed any RFI from that monitor either. I definitely don't detect any difference in the noise floor on the various HF bands between the monitors being on or off - there's more than enough external crud on the bands these days anyway... :-(

Hope that helps,

--
    Martin G0HDB
  4. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Hi Guys, thanks for your input which is helpful to Mark.

As for me personally then i can recommend all the Samsung range which are completely RF quiet.

Ken
    G3SDW
    EMC Help Desk
    RSGB
  5. Mark Owen

Mark Owen New Member

Thanks for your help gents 73's
  6. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Not a problem Mark, let us know what you decide to get and how you get on.

Always here to help at any time at all

Ken
    G3SDW
    EMC Help Desk.
  7. Mark Owen

Mark Owen New Member

Hi all sorry for not getting back to this thread sooner, im still in the process of getting a new monitor i am wating for a reliative to replace there samsung monitors. I want to try them before buying a new monitor.
  8. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

OK Mark well if you get any problems then I will eat my hat lol.