Hitachi 43HTB62 EMC nightmare.

Discussion in 'Interference Problems' started by David Gregory, Oct 16, 2016.

1. David Gregory

David Gregory Member

A heads up.

The
    Hitachi 43HTB62 43inch LCD (I refuse to call it a LED TV) is a nightmare for EMC. Short carrier spikes across nearly ALL of HF... tuning around now is a series of s7 "whoop, whoop, whoop".

It's cheap for a reason. Caveat emptor.

It will be going back for a refund.
  2. David Gregory

David Gregory Member

Correction.... the full model number is 43HB6T62U
  3. G3YMC

G3YMC Member

I can find very little on that model, it only seems available from one discount warehouse, totaldigital.biz, not listed on my TV spares distributor website (Charles Hyde) and no Google links from the Hitachi site. It would seem to be a rebranded set from who knows where and not made by Hitachi.
    Does it have a separate power adaptor as some of those are notorious for EMC? LCD/LED sets are not normally EMC problems.
    73 Dave G3YMC
    (semi retired TV repairer)
  4. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Hitachi have not made TV`s for some time now and the ones you see today are Hitachi in badge only, they are made by Vestel, a Turkish company, so your problem does not surprise me at all, so as you say get a refund.

Many other well know names are from the same camp, like JVC, Akai and all the others that you fondly remember from years gone by.

Its sad that the general public are made to think that they are buying a brand which we all loved but instead something that is third rate.

73 Ken G3SDW
    (also a semi retired TV technician amongst other things)
  5. David Gregory

David Gregory Member

It was from Argos. My wife and I haven't really bothered with TV for years, and we actually didn't even own one. We bought this for our daughter. It still seems to be in stock. Just thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone thought it looked like a bargain for a second TV or something. It's not a bargain if you're an radio ham though.
  6. David Gregory

David Gregory Member

Nope.. straight into the mains, but it will obviously have a switched mode supply inside it. The interference is consistent with a poor switched supply.
  7. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Yes
    Yes it would appear that Argos promote them in a big way.

With out a doubt SMPS so ask your self a question, why cannot the major TV companies make a TV at this price or why can this so called badged Hitachi make it for such a low price, the answer is clear, sub standard and poor design, you only get what you pay for and buy cheap, buy twice.

Just take it back and get a decent one for your daughter, it makes total sense.

Ken
    G3SDW