HG635 router again

Discussion in 'EMC Matters' started by Paul Bowen, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Paul Bowen

Paul Bowen New Member

Ge

The HG635 (Talk talk) resets every time I transmit in the cw section of the 20M. Now if you really want to upset it plug in a Lan cable. Almost every band will reset it lowering your connection speed. I have hard drive plugged into the router x3 lan cables for tv`s etc. A lan switch to try and isolate them from the HG635. 4x 6" ferrite rods 10 clip on ferrite cores each psu has two ferrite rings on at both ends of the psu cable, shielded lan cable. I am getting fed up with being shouted at for knocking out the router.

My antenna is a windom the end of which is 25 feet from the router no I can`t move either.

Help

Paul

m0pnn
  2. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

3. Paul Bowen

Paul Bowen New Member

Hi

Ken I have seen the thread above but did not want to hijack Mikes thread he may want to come back if he`s having the same problem again on another band.
    My problems started when the Talktalk installer insisted the router had to go by the Master socket. I refused PLT and used bridging router to TV`s but not very reliable.

I have moved the router back into the shack I have an extension wired into back of the master socket and another master socket in the shack. I am using a 2/5ghz router in extend network mode with everything plugged into the back of that all OK so far. Talktalk are sending me a replacement router I will test it and keep the best one. If anyone needs to contact talktalk use the online members forum do not phone them its pointless. I have ordered some shielded lan cable to run from shack back to the router in extend network mode which has TV`s NAS Drive etc etc plugged it. I can then use good quality ferite every couple of meters I have so much from work I have stopped collecting it.

Cheers

Paul

m0pnn
  4. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Cheers Paul, as a tip i would if i were you do the same as Mike by obtaining a T200 and doing the same as him, belt and braces job i think.

Seems as these Talk Talk routers are very suspect when it comes to RF so with the new one i would not hold your breath on it being any better, i hope i am wrong.

Update us i f you could on the outcome.

By the way who told you to move?, i take a very dim view of comments like that, that`s not the spirit of amateur radio in my book.

Ken
    G3SDW
  5. g3ypp

g3ypp New Member

Ken - do you think a yellow T200-6 torroid would give a better performance than the red T200-2? The red worked for me and I have had no further dropouts since installing it but some think this may have been luck. My router is wired direct into the master socket - but I have 1Gb Ethernet around the house :)

Mike
  6. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Mike as Ian has said you appear to be lucky so if i were you i would change it to the other one as it has a much higher impedance for your problem.
    Ken
    G3SDW
  7. g3ypp

g3ypp New Member

Ken - yes that was my thoughts. I'll do some experimenting.

Regards

Mike
  8. Paul Bowen

Paul Bowen New Member

Hi

I have ordered a couple of T200-2 cores When it all gets here I will do some tests and report back.

Think your right Ken TalkTalk Huawei HG635 does not seem to like RF which is a pity as the router works very well. I have other options unlocked BT openreach vdsl routers
    come up on ebay quiet often connected to my BR-6208AC. My brother has the same sort of setup a windom same rig and a BT homehub 5 which so far no problems.

Thanks for the Help

Cheers

Paul

m0pnn
  9. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Look forward to here the results from both of you.
    Ken
    G3SDW
  10. Paul Bowen

Paul Bowen New Member

Hi

The new router came from talk-talk on Friday I moved it back to the master socket and plugged it in with not allot of hope. I even plugged in the LAN cables and tested on all bands. Apart from 80 meters which was losing sync not resetting when Txing all was ok. I have a large ferrite core from an old TV wrapped that around the lead between master socket and router its all OK so far 80m OK as well now. the T200-6 are in the draw just in case. I have run a LAN cable between my shack and the router to give me more option should it start again.

Yippee the kids can watch spongebob the wife shop on-line and I can TX on the lower part of 20m.

Cheers

Paul

m0pnn
  11. Paul Bowen

Paul Bowen New Member

Thanks for your help Ken.
  12. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Well done Paul, good to get a happy outcome, this is why this forum is here so please if you could spread the word.
    Ken
    G3SDW