4 meters 10 meters emc

Discussion in 'EMC Matters' started by sjm, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

OK, let us see what Ofcom has to say, think the guy who will call is an amateur but he cannot admit that to you, rules is rules, and will be as helpful as he can within his guidelines
    Ken
    G3SDW
  2. sjm

sjm New Member

I find it odd that ofcom cannot insist the owner who whoever to rectify the problem, If say for example i was knocking joe blogs tv apart when transmitting ofcom would expect me to rectify the problem, See what happens wednesday, It could be a case if it cant or wont be rectified a case of selling up.
  3. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Sorry i dont make the rules and you are right in what you say, back in the day this was how things were done but today it is a different ballgame.
    You can argue the toss if you want but it will not get you anywhere as Ofcom hold all the cards.
    And considering you are not a member of the society then you are getting a lot of info free of charge.
    Ken G3SDW
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  4. sjm

sjm New Member

Ok ofcom have been today, Glad to say all household appliances given the all clear, Interference was detected to an house over road, But owners wouldnt answer the door although they were in, Owner of house got in his car a drove off soon as ofcom left, I do actually know the guy across the road and what he deals with and his background, Ofcom have posted a leaflet for him to get in touch with them, They told me if he doesnt the next step is more serious, Cannabis factory sort of springs to mind, But we will get the answer because ofcom are going back to investigate the property again.
  5. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Thanks for letting me know, what he has done is standard practice but the house owner does not need to reply, if Ofcom return and he will not let him in then he cannot force entry other than if he feels that there is something to hide in which case he will have to get the police involved.

Did he hear the RFI and did he comment on what he thought it might be.

Must admit this sounds all rather suspicious.
  6. sjm

sjm New Member

Just to rectify ken the two guys who came said if he doesnt get in touch they will take further action as he is breaking the law, they said the interference was bad, No they cant force entry i do agree.,
    No the guy from ofcom didnt say what it maybe but sometimes deep down i think they do but obviously wont let on,, Yes he did hear the rf on my radios and there equipment, they also detected it from 35 mhz as far down as 14mhz all be it not on such a gran scale at 14mhz, he was shocked it was continual across this range of frequencies, Yes ken very suspicious. I think we are on the same ship but on the same token we must never assume.
  7. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

No you are right but guys like that have a nose for certain things and they cannot let you know there thoughts are.
    With there attitude on your case then this is a bit of a turn around judging by other cases in other parts of the UK, I know that it all depends on who calls to see you, some go the extra mile.
    Let's wait and see what transpires.
    Ken
    G3SDW
  8. sjm

sjm New Member

Just to let you know ken, Since ofcom made a visit to the guy over the road quite oddly he disappeared for a few days, Then he was constantly coming and going for a few day, he rarley leaves the house, I did manage to speak to him, He said he had spoke to ofcom as they wanted to revisit his house but he told them they would be lucky to catch him, He told me he didnt have anything dodgy in his house(debatable) but very oddly all of a sudden a couple of days later the interference has gone, nothing now for over a week, I will monitor for a few weeks now see what happens, Very odd!
  9. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

Well he would not admit to anything that would incriminate him thats for sure.

I think you and i know what he was trying to do in his house and now it has been noticed he has turned it off, in other word he has been rumbled.

Let us hope that it remains that way for your sake and his, if it does reappear then i feel that there will be more than Ofcom knocking on his door.
  10. sjm

sjm New Member

Lol your right ken. wow i can actually hear hams again on my radios, Yes ken very very sus indeed, Your time is most appreciated ken and help, but as i say i can only hope now its gone for good,
    Will keep you updated week by week as to how the situation is.
  11. Ken G3SDW

Ken G3SDW Moderator

No problem Steve, sure you have so have a good gig tonight and if you have one then crank up that Marshall lol